Tuesday, December 12, 2006

People Confuse Me

Saturday night, the 9th, we had our family holiday celebration at Epcot. The high ups at the Port had 2 buses to take us over there and back so we wouldn't have to drive ourselves. Great. Cory and I get there just in time to make the second bus, due to the fact that I really suck with directions, and I thought that it would be at the McDonald's at I-95 and 520, but it was actually at 524 and Clearlake Rd.

So we get to Epcot, and I kid you not we spent about 45 minutes on the bus. The driver wanted to drop us at the regular entrance, from the "Event Parking" lot. That's a long walk to the back of the World Showcase in evening wear. He argued with my bosses (all the supervisors were on the same bus as I was) that he wasn't authorized to take us back to the Cast Member entrance. HELLO! What on earth did you think you were going to do with a bus full of cast members?? On what planet would we not be authorized to go to a CAST MEMBER entrance, seeing as we ARE cast members? And why on earth would you not listen to people that are far higher up on the proverbial totem pole than you are?

We got into the party nearly an hour late. It was gorgeous though...it was all decorated in a Mardi Gras/Masquerade theme. The food was great, they gave lots of prizes away. They had a beer/wine bar, which every person got tickets for (2 free drinks per person). The decorations were really nice, and they had those nifty screens all over the place. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy were on hand to dance with. You know, I was really amused by that...I felt like a kid again lol. And Mickey and Minnie were available for photos, which were taken for free, and will be sent to us shortly.

Cory and I took a stroll over to "Italy" and he bought me a beautiful Venitian mask, which was hand painted there by an italian artist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there should have been another bus to take you from the visitor area to the cast area... this is just the kind of think that drives me absolutely nutso!

Tracy said...

Well, luckily, after plenty of stern lecturing, our supervisor got him to just take us over there....once she had the head of security (good friend of hers) on the phone, it was fairly smooth sailing lol.