Friday, November 10, 2006

For my friends....

I feel the need to offset all of this negativity with some good thoughts. I want my friends to know how I feel, and how much I appreciate them. You have all had a hand in making me who I am, for whatever it's worth. Now please, all of you remember, that these aren't in a particular order lol.

Cory - The love of my life. You've had a big hand in making me the person I am today. You never cease to amaze me. You are so good at what you do, I just wish you were more confident in yourself. You are a wonderful EMT, and one day you will be a phenomenal medic. People respect you because you act in a way that is worthy of respect. I love you for the way you are always willing to help others, and I love the way you push others to be the best at what they do. YOU my dear, would make a phenomenal teacher. I love the way you love, with a fiery passion. I love that you know that it's the small things that mean so very much.

Jon - No matter what, you've always been there for me. I appreciate that you are always honest with me, and that you don't sugar coat things. You tell me what I NEED to hear, even though it's not always what I WANT to hear. You have helped me to have the confidence to do what I am doing in school now. You would also, make a phenomenal teacher. You teach in such a way that makes people WANT to be better at what they do. You're a kind man, with a huge heart. You're one of the truest friends a person could have, and always my best girlfriend ;)

Heather - What can I say? Jon chose a wonderful woman to be his partner for life. You are fiercely loyal as a friend, and endlessly caring and compassionate. I love you for always being there for me, and listening without judging me. You help me be a better mother, and I appreciate that. You cheered me on through my whole pregnancy, and help me to know that I don't have to be a super mom, I don't have to be a perfect mom, I just have to be a loving mom who wants the best for her child. It means so very much to me too, that you treat my son just like he is one of your own. I can see that it does so much for him, knowing that Auntie Heather loves him. Family is all to important, and you guys are my family just as much as my own blood.

Sheena - I don't have the space to tell you all I would like to. You saved me from myself. You made me choose to respect myself more. You make me want to be a better woman. You made me realize, when I had all but forgotten, that it's ok to be myself. That's all I have to be, and that I AM good enough. You treated me with the utmost respect, when a lesser woman wouldn't have. You were there for me even when you may have needed someone to be there for YOU more. You inspire me to try and be a better, nicer person, and you helped me re-learn how to let things go sometimes. You helped me to break down my walls, and remember how nice it feels not to be on guard all the time. You have a heart of gold, and don't you dare EVER let anyone take that away from you.

Laurie - You must be the sweetest person I have ever met. I've never met a more giving person. You were always there for me, to steady me when I falter, and to catch me when I fall, both figuratively and literally! You gave me confidence in myself as a mother. Thank you.

Pete - Aww Pete. You have always been able to make me laugh. You have always helped me when I really needed it. You've been a good friend to my Cory, and that means a lot to me as well. You're like a brother that neither of us ever actually had. You know what? Thanks for looking out for cory all those years.

Jaci - Well, I never knew late nights of Canasta and scrabble could be so fun. You made me remember how much fun it really can be to just have a "girls night"

Kelly - You're my number one fan dear. I mean that in the best way. Nobody has ever cheered me on like you do. You have so much confidence in me that I feel that I can't fail. Thank you for believing in me, and inspiring me (as well as enabling) to go after this career choice. I didn't really believe I could do it until I talked to you. I love that you are proud of me when I do well! That feels better than you can imagine. Like Sheena, you've always made me feel like it's ok to just BE myself. Just being me is good enough, and I never used to believe that.

Angelique - You are compassionate almost to a fault. You inspired a love for art in me, and taught me how to forgive, but more importantly, how to let go of a grudge. You were nice to me when you should have hated me. You took the first step, you were the bigger person, and I gained a good friend because of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG tracy I cried while reading that. That has to be the sweetest thing I have ever read. I just hope you know that you do have A LOT more people out there that care about you. YOU have made some of us realize that we are better then what we think about ourselves....YOU would also make a great teacher. Through the few but long talks we have had you have made me a better person and have changed my point of view on life...I just wanted to let you know all that...Never change who you are. Cause I have sooooo much respect for you being you!!!
Good luck with everything you do in life and you will be fine...
You're the best!!!!

Tracy said...

Ok, you people must start signing your comments...I need to know who I need to just love to pieces because you all leave me the nicest comments!