Thursday, November 02, 2006

Why I Hate Men...

Ok, so I don't hate all of them. I happen to have a good one, I'm lucky. Or maybe I am picky...either which way, I'm gonna keep him. But the rest of them....well the good ones are few and far between.

I have a dear friend, I love her with all my heart, and then there's this guy. You know it's bad...anything that has the words "and then there's this guy" can't be good right? He's got a thing for her, although he's too shallow and self absorbed to have a REAL "thing", it's just the thing in his pants. However, he's also a moron. He really has misjudged and underestimated my dear friend. He thinks she's a stereotypical 21 year old girl. She’s not. But because he thinks that, he thought she might fall for his sorry, worn out old line about being vulnerable, and hurt, and blah blah fucking blah. You know the line….I don’t wanna get too close cuz I’m afraid I will get hurt, blah blah blah blah blah. But I think you’re stupid enough to sleep with me now because you think I am needy. Isn’t that SAD?

You know what is sadder? That this moron chose to be such an egotistical scumbag, and lost something wonderful because he chose to think that she’s stupid. She’s a wonderful person, whose only real fault is that she trusts people, and really, honestly wants to believe the best in people. Honestly, that’s her only real fault. That one fabulous, wonderful fault almost worked for him. Too bad for him she also has friends that love her dearly, and won’t let him get away with that bullshit, and won’t let guys like him take advantage of that small fault. It’s not even a fault, it’s a wonderful trait, but it’s a fault when they happen to cross paths with morons who aren’t worth the paper their birth certificates were printed on.

When it became clear that she wasn’t going to fall for that sorry old routine, guys like that all do the same thing…scramble to try and recover any way they can. Always with the same goal in mind of course…getting laid. Scramble…blame it on the women who came before her, that they hurt him so badly. Suck up to her friends, try and get them to put in a good word. Try and play the good guy. Nobody’s falling for it, you egotistical son of a bitch with a terribly unjustified and over inflated sense of self importance.

I just can’t imagine why a man would let go of something that could be the best thing that ever happened to them, because he’s got such a high opinion of himself that he really thinks he can play the field. He’s on a power trip and a half, that’s for damn sure. You know, all of you who know me well at least, that generally, I would love nothing more than to take such a person and tear them to shreds. It’s sort of a hobby of mine. I love doing it. Once upon a time I used to use men like him for target practice. I would make a perfect man hating lesbian, really, I would. But I won’t. Why? Because this dear wonderful person is a better woman than I am. She would rather take the high road on this one. Usually that’s best, but it isn’t much fun. So I will rant here instead.

This woman, well, a worthy man would be lucky to have her, and would likely thank God each and every night for her. She’s got a heart of gold, more compassion than most people I know, and would do anything, for just about anyone. If you’re lucky enough to be loved by her, then you will never know a greater feeling. There’s not much better I’m sure. Smart, funny, a good listener, one of the boys, one of the girls, witty, and endlessly caring, she has the whole package. On top of all of it, she’s got looks that most of us would kill for. A body to die for, a smile that could melt you, and eyes that you haunt your dreams. She’s very, VERY bad, in a very, VERY good way. She’d be your best friend and your number one fan, and the most intensely passionate lover you could ever dream of. She brings out the best in you and seems to make your worst traits disappear. She can make you forget with one kiss, any other lover you’ve ever had, and can make you hers and hers alone, with one simple look. She’s far too sweet to use that against people though. Frankly, I don’t think she realizes it herself. Funny, the one who DESERVES to have a very high opinion of herself doesn’t, and the one who does, really has no justification for that high opinion of himself.

Idiot…he decided to take a pass on that because he thinks he is too good to settle down right now. I honestly didn’t know that people got THAT stupid! I’ve met some real morons in my day, but this one takes the cake. You know what the kicker is though? It’s all in his damn head! He’s really not even one tenth as spectacular as he really thinks he is. Ironic, isn’t it?

Oh well, I suppose Mencken’s Law fits best here—Those who can, DO. Those who can’t, teach.

No comments: