Friday, November 10, 2006

Some Thoughts to Consider

Some thoughts from some quite brilliant folks, who thought to share these thoughts with the rest of us. Quotes are fun, I enjoy them. It's always handy to have something to throw into a piece of writing, or to a relevant situation. Not only does it make you sound smart, you might really help someone! And trust me....your brain is a use it or lose it thing. Always exercise your brain! Never call yourself stupid either!

Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I never loved another person the way I loved myself. - Mae West

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. - Mae West

I respect the man who knows distinctly what he wishes. The greater part of all mischief in the world arises from the fact that men do not sufficiently understand their own aims. They have undertaken to build a tower, and spend no more labor on the foundation than would be necessary to erect a hut. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Trust yourself, then you will know how to live. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Perhaps the feelings that we experience when we are in love represent a normal state. Being in love shows a person who he should be. - Anton Chekhov

Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. - Erica Jong

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do. - Dale Carnegie

Ok....that's enough of the good thoughts. Now I am ready to rant some more about the man I hate. I don't even love to hate him. On to the next post.

No comments: