Monday, November 06, 2006

Nothing to Report

Nothing to report really. I had a clinical at dark thirty this morning. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I must have hit the slowest Monday morning in the history of that office. I only had 24 patients. Usually that number is much higher on a Monday morning.

I had some troubles, since the girl who is the phlebotomist there kept telling me to do things totally different from how we've been taught (and some ways just flat out wrong). She stuck one poor lady like 5 times, and I have never seen anyone fish like that. Basically, that means repositioning the needle, in a rather extreme way, not just pushing it in or pulling it back out slightly, but moving it around completely. Folks, don't EVER allow a phlebotomist to do that to you. There's nothing WRONG with asking for someone else! It's your arm, they're YOUR veins. Fishing is bad, and it's very painful.

No comments: